Sunday, February 24, 2013

Out of Work???

My local laundromat has being going severely downhill lately.  I don't believe they've had hot water since before Christmas.  Every week I go there lately, there are signs posted saying that there's no hot water.  When I asked the guy behind the counter when they'd get the problem fixed, he said next week.  That was three weeks ago.  In addition to the lack of hot water, many of the washers and dryers seem to be out of service.  There was a sign posted on a dryer today that said "out of work."  I assume the employees meant to say "out of order" but English isn't their first language, so that's probably why the sign was so awkwardly phrased.  I used to enjoy going to this laundromat because it's big and has a lot of washers and dryers and seemed relatively clean, but now I think maybe it's time to take my business elsewhere.  Aside from the lack of hot water and broken washers and dryers, the place just looks dirty.  The floor is often littered with discarded dryer sheets.  Employees used to come around and sweep, but they don't now.  I long for the days when I had my own washer and dryer in my apartment in New Jersey and could wash when I felt like it.  But, those days are over and have been for some time, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment