Sunday, February 10, 2013

Shut Up, Oprah!

I delayed my weekly trip to the laundromat today so I could stay home and watch the first part of Oprah's two-part interview with Nate Berkus.  I quickly realized that the interview wouldn't need to be in two parts if Oprah would just shut up and late Nate talk.  Every time Nate talked about some personal experience, Oprah had to jump in and insert her own personal tale of woe or put her own interpretation on it.  When did Oprah become so annoying?  She must truly believe that she's some kind of guru.   During one of the few times she let Nate get a word in edgewise, it was interesting to hear him talk about how his father thought he was going to try to kill himself once he came out as gay.  In his father's mind, being gay was the equivalent of being miserable.  Nate had to set him straight (no pun intended) on that.  I don't know if I can bear to watch the second part of the interview because I suspect Oprah will dominate it once again, but I like Nate Berkus so I probably will tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment