Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Grateful, But Angry

I'm grateful to have health insurance and to be able to go and see a doctor when I need to.   However, I'm angry when my doctor (A) makes me wait 30 minutes in the waiting room and then another 10-15 minutes a private room before showing up and (B) sees me for 5 minutes and then tells me to come back in three weeks because the test results I thought I was coming in today to hear weren't available yet.  This is what happened to me today.  I was livid that I had to wait, bascially, for nothing and then pay $45 for the pleasure.  (Yes, $45!!!)  I really hate to bring the Detroit out on folks and I didn't go full D on my doctor for wasting my time and money, but I did give her a piece of my mind this afternoon.  All I ask if that if you make me come in for an appointment, see me in a reasonable time frame and give me some information I can use before you send me on my way.  I don't think that's an unreasonable request. 

No comments:

Post a Comment