Monday, January 28, 2013

Pigeons: Friendly Fowl or Urban Menace?

Is there even any question what the answer is here?  Urban menace, for the win.  Pigeons are gross.  I have no love for them or any other bird.  The sound of wings flapping is enough to send me running in the opposite direction.

 Every time I walk to my local Ft. Hamilton Parkway subway station, I have to walk (or run) beneath a viaduct where a horde of pigeons have taken over.  Last year, someone (the city or the MTA) came out and cleaned the viaduct, removing the pigeons and their crap from the overhead area where they congregate.  But once the cleaners were done, the pigeons just came back and continued breeding and shitting over everyone and everything.  Between the crapping and the flapping, these birds are a nuisance!  And, even worse, some guy who hangs out with the newspaper salesman at the station keeps feeding them.  I see him out there in the morning, giving the birds bread.  Dude, this isn't helping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment