Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weird and Annoying

My father told me today that he'd been given a copy of Fifty Shades of Grey to read. Okay. Even more puzzling was that his brother had given the book to him. Huh? I can't imagine my father reading this book. I can't imagine my uncle reading this book. I can't understand why my uncle gave this book to my father to read, although when he gave it, he did add a disclaimer that he wasn't sure if my father would like it. I'm going to go with, "No. He won't like it." Then again, what do I know? Maybe my father will enjoy reading about some weird, obsessive businessman who likes to do awful sexual things to a naïve, submissive young woman.


Moving from the weird to the annoying, I was trying to figure out the name of an NPR reporter whose voice just drives me crazy (and not in a good way). Because so many of the radio stations in Chicago suck, I often listen to NPR when I'm not listening to CDs on the way to and from work. However, when this particular NPR reporter comes on, I found myself changing the station with a quickness. That reporter is Zoe Chace. Oy, her voice is annoying. How in the world did she ever get a job in radio? Maybe she knew someone or blackmailed some bigwig at NPR with incriminating photos or something. Her voice, to me, is like nails on a blackboard. I don't know if it's her weird accent or her enunciation, but the entire vocal stew she spews makes me ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment