Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sheena Easton

During my commutes to and from work, I often listen to CDs since Chicago radio largely sucks. (I know I've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating.) This week, I broke out Sheena Easton's greatest hits. I hadn't really given a lot of thought to Ms. Easton, but in listening to her greatest hits, I realized that (A) "Strut" is a great song and (B) "Sugar Walls" is ridiculous. Come spend the night inside my sugar walls. Heaven on earth inside my sugar walls. Really? Isn't Prince the genius behind these inspiring lyrics? He must have written this song on one of his off days. In other singer-related news, I read Kate Bush is planning to perform again. Good for her. I like Kate Bush. Her voice is an acquired taste, but I love "Hounds of Love." Maybe I should put that CD in the car for next week's drive (if I can find it).

No comments:

Post a Comment