Monday, March 3, 2014

Pharrell Was Robbed!

I used to work with a woman who called herself Charlie Brown when she did something stupid. I, my friends, was a Charlie Brown last night when I missed the first half hour of the Oscars. I thought the show was starting a half hour after it started, so I missed the opening monologue and Pharrell's performance of "Happy." Doh! I kept watching the show waiting for Pharrell, not even realizing that he'd already performed. I didn't realize I'd missed him until they awarded the Oscar for "Let It Go" from Frozen. No offense to Idina Menzel (or whatever John Travolta called her last night), but "Happy" is just the kind of song that deserves praise. It's the kind of song we need now in these troubled times, a little ray of sunshine through the clouds. I was able to watch Pharrell's performance online this morning and I was glad to see everyone so upbeat and the kids dancing. But I'm still kicking myself for not being aware of what time the Oscars started last night so I could have seen the performance live.



No comments:

Post a Comment