Thursday, January 2, 2014

Snowzilla

It's been snowing in the Chicago area since New Year's Eve. NEW YEAR'S EVE! Since the ever increasingly annoying Weather Channel is choosing to refer to this storm as Hercules, I've decided to christen it Snowzilla. Just when you think it's dead and the flakes slack off, they start up again with a vengeance. While the puffy white flakes look great covering the trees and homes, they're treacherous on the streets. I think I've been away from the Midwest too long because the snow is already getting to me. Growing up in Detroit, we just dealt with the snow. It snowed and you shoveled yourself out. Here, it's the same thing, but I'm not used to it yet. I look out the window and can't believe it's snowing...and that the snow is sticking...and that many inches are expected. The high is supposed to minus 8 degrees next Monday. Minus 8.  Great.

This has nothing to do with the weather, but why, New York State, are you forcing the Walgreens pharmacy to contact my doctor in order for me to get the remaining refills on my prescription filled? If I had nine refills left to go in New York, I should have nine refills left in Chicago. For people transferring prescriptions from most other states, this wouldn't be an issue. But when you transfer a prescription from New York, you can only get one refill and your doctor must be contacted for the rest. Huh? What sense does that make? And it's not like I'm refilling a drug that people abuse. New York, why must you continue to screw me from afar? I enjoyed your state while I was there, but it's over. The relationship has come to what I thought was an amicable end, yet you treat me like this? It's so frustrating! I'm really hoping my New York doctor does the right thing and gets Walgreens the info it needs before my meds run out but I have a bad feeling I'll be on the phone trying to work this out next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment