Thursday, January 9, 2014

Assumptions

I try not to complain about my day job because it is what it is. However, today I have to make an exception. I was asked this week to attend a meeting at the last minute that's taking place out of state next Friday. I had already requested and been granted next Friday off from work because I have something to do. So when this meeting came up, I told the person in question I couldn't make it due to a prior commitment. The person just assumed I would be able to adjust my schedule to accommodate her own. Guess again! I hate how some people who are married and/or have kids assume that someone who isn't married and doesn't have kids can just drop everything and do something at the spur of the moment. The woman I'm dealing with at work is one of those people. Just because I'm not married and I don't have children doesn't mean I don't have a life! I have things to do, too! I made plans for the holiday weekend and I intend to keep those plans. It's not that I'm not willing to change my schedule if needed, but this entire situation has been such a clusterfuck from the beginning that I'm not in the mood to play nice right now. The woman who expected me to drop everything to help her out had me kicked off of this particular project initially before I was asked several weeks later (this week, in fact) to get back on board. I just hate being taken advantage of because I'm single and childless.

No comments:

Post a Comment