Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Transportation Troubles

In the aftermath of the Frankenstorm that hit the East Coast, getting around has proved to be a challenge. Forced to return to work today, I had to find a way to get from Brooklyn to Midtown via bus and I did. The ride was long and the traffic was bad, but I made it and many other folks made it, too. I am grateful I didn't lose power at my apartment and grateful I live in Brooklyn. When my bus crossed the Manhattan Bridge into Brooklyn and I saw the lights on, I was glad to be one step closer to home. (Get the lights back on for folks, Con Ed!) At least some subways will be back on track tomorrow. Unfortunately none of them will be running between Brooklyn and Manhattan, so it's back to the bus for me. But I'm not complaining. Like a lot of folks, I'm making the best of a bad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment