Sunday, October 28, 2012

Foodtown Frenzy!

The last day of calm before the dreaded Frankenstorm fully rolls into town was filled with chaos in the search for food and water.  I went to my local Foodtown grocery store this afternoon and was shocked by the throngs of people in search of food and water.  I've never seen that little grocery store so crowded and out of control.  The lines!  The chaos!  The lack of bottled water!  I managed to snag a bottle to supplement my meager stash at home, but I couldn't get a 24-pack like I'd planned because the shelves were bare.  Clearly, I should have gotten up and out earlier to beat the rush.  If the power goes out and my gas stove ceases to function, I figure I can get by on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  At least I was able to snag a loaf of wheat bread and a jar of Skippy as I fought through the Foodtown crowd.  Prepare to hunker down, folks!  It's going to be a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment