Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Grammatically Challenged

I was reviewing the profiles of single men on a website recently and I was totally disappointed with the terrible writing skills shown by many of the men seeking women. How hard is it to write simple sentences that describe yourself and your hobbies? I like to go to the movies. I like to go dancing. Sentences like these aren't Shakespeare yet many men on the dating site (and these were men in their 40s) seemed simply unable to write a basic description of themselves. This is really sad. Some would blame the public school systems where these men were educated and while I'm sure a lousy public school education contributed to some people being grammatically challenged, I don't fully believe this is why grown men are writing sentences like, "How u doin?" I went to public schools and I learned how to read, write, and spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment