Thursday, August 23, 2012

Make New York Your Gym

Since Mayor Bloombucks is bombarding subway riders like myself with ads urging New Yorkers to stop drinking sugary soft drinks, cut down on eating junk food, make the city our gym, I've decided to take him up on some of his advice.  The "Make New York Your Gym" ad suggested riders get off the subway a stop ahead of your normal stop and walk the rest of the way to your destination, so I did this today.  I got off one stop before my own and enjoyed a nice walk home alongside Prospect Park.  One of the reasons I like my Brooklyn neighborhood is its accessibility to the park.  I wanted to live somewhere with green space within walking distance and I have it.  I really need to start taking more advantage of the park's proximity to my apartment.  It's a great park and walking really is a good way to get some exercise in during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment