Friday, August 10, 2012

Fifty Shades of Gay

I was reading some celebrity gossip last night and came across a story about author Bret Easton Ellis Tweeting that actor Matt Bomer wouldn't be a good choice to play Christian Grey in a movie version of Fifty Shades of Grey because he's gay. I don't know that I agree with that. If he's a good actor, shouldn't he be able to play any role? First disclaimer: I have not read Fifty Shades so I have no opinion on the book itself. Second disclaimer: I did meet Matt Bomer last year when "White Collar" was being filmed at the office building where I work and he was adorable, so my feelings about him might be biased. I don't want to see Matt as Christian Grey because it seems like a sleazy role! I hated seeing him be a sleaze bag willing to share his wife in Magic Mike! But, again, I'm biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment