Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Post-Thanksgiving Greetings

During the long (extra long for me since I took last Wednesday off from my day job) Thanksgiving weekend, I had free HBO, Showtime, and other premium cable channels, so I binge watched a lot of stuff including the second season of The White Lotus. What a hot mess that show is (and I'm here for it)! I enjoyed the first season, particularly Murray Bartlett who (rightly) won an Emmy for his performance as the hotel manager, Armond. 

The second season of The White Lotus has whole lot of messiness: hookers, married couples who are supposedly friends but really seem to hate each other, a sour wife, a sleazy husband, a suspected rent boy, a questionable "uncle and nephew" (insert laughter here) relationship, a frustrated lesbian, bad lounge singers...the list goes on. Unfortunately, my free HBO cut off after Monday, so I won't be able to see the final two (?) episodes unless my cable provider gives me another free weekend soon. (Maybe I'll get lucky over Christmas.) I can watch stuff like this all day long. So entertaining. Say what you want about Mike White, but he knows how to provide interesting dramas for TV. 

No comments:

Post a Comment