Monday, November 7, 2022

Vote!

Tomorrow is election day, so get out and vote (if you haven't already). I voted last week since we have early voting in my state. God help us if the Republican candidate wins for governor here. Darren Bailey (aka Gomer Pyle) would sink Illinois if he won. I'd seriously have to consider moving and I really don't want to move again right now. So many nutjobs are on the ballot around the country. I'm worried about my former home state of Pennsylvania with the whole Fetterman/Oz situation. (Fun Fact: I actually was in the audience for an episode of Dr. Oz's show years ago when I worked in NY. Two friends and I got tickets. I never even saw the actual show when/if it aired. I don't even remember what the topic was. Weight loss, I believe. But I digress.) The Keystone state (the Philly area in particular) needs to come out strong for Fetterman. Does Oz even actually live in Pennsylvania, or does he just own a house there? Ugh. 

I just read today that Nikki Haley said Raphael Warnock (who's running against concussed Herschel Walker) said Warnock needs to be "deported." Girl, bye. Hey, Nikki/Nimrata/Whatever, how about you self-deport and save us all from hearing her mouth. Warnock was born and raised in the US and his family probably stretches back for many years in this country, unlike hers. And, lo and behold, Warnock uses his real name and doesn't try to present himself as someone of a different race, unlike phony-baloney Nikki/Nimrata/Whatever. The nerve of that woman. South Carolina rears its ugly head again. I can't believe I wasted 9 months of my life there in the 90s. Ugh again. 

But I say all of this with the hopes that everyone who can vote gets out their and votes. Have your voice heard! Democracy is at stake in this country. No matter how things shake out, at least after tomorrow the never-ending political ads will stop (at least until the next election cycle). 

No comments:

Post a Comment