Saturday, September 3, 2022

Bubbly...Nine Years Later

Do you remember what you were doing the night of September 29, 2013? I do! I was at a Michael Buble concert at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, NY. Now, nearly ten years later, I went to yet another Buble show last night in Roseville, IL at the Allstate Arena. Other than seeing Leslie Odom, Jr. last December in Chicago, I haven't been to a concert. Covid has held me back from major inside gatherings, but I made an exception a week or so ago when I saw a commercial about Buble's concert on TV one Sunday morning. I decided to bite the bullet and see him. I enjoyed his Brooklyn show nine years ago. He's a true entertainer and he knows how to keep the crowd engaged and put on a show that's worth the money. He didn't disappoint last night either (although I could have done without the small Elvis tribute...not a fan). His version of "Cry Me a River" brought tears to my eyes. The orchestra, the arrangement, everything was great.  He also did many of his hits ("Home," "Everything," "Sway") in addition to some new songs. We all need a break from non-stop doom and gloom and Bubbly fit the bill for me to break the cycle of darkness. I wore a mask throughout the show although most people didn't. Every time someone coughed around me, I worried that I was sitting in a Covid haze of bacteria, but there's nothing I can do about it now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment