Saturday, May 7, 2022

Escape from Alabama

I've been reading about the Alabama prison guard and inmate who are on the run together. This situation is ripe for a made-for-TV movie. I kept reading that the inmate looks like Jon Hamm and he does! He looks like Jon Hamm's estranged brother or Jon Hamm if he wasn't rich and famous but broke and working as a mechanic in some small town. Ah, Alabama. The gift that keeps giving. 

I have a love-hate relationship with Alabama. My father is from there and I have been a frequent visitor to the state all my life. I have also largely enjoyed my time in Alabama. I enjoyed visits to my grandparents' farm when I was a kid and I enjoy going to see my father and other family now as an adult. I'll be there next month for a visit. However, Alabama politically is a nightmare. It's MAGA country. Ugh. I know I'll probably end up moving there if I have to care for my father and stepmother at some point, but I dread the thought of actually living there. I remember being at a fast food restaurant with my father in Alabama and Fox News was playing on the TV screens throughout the restaurant. Uh again. There are things I dislike about my current state (Illinois) also, but at least I don't have to worry about seeing Hannity or Tucker on the  multiple TV screens when I go to get a hamburger from Wendy's or something in the Chicago area where I live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment