Friday, April 29, 2022

No Winners Here

Oy vey, what a week! Is it me or is there an extra level of crazy in the air? Allow me to discuss some of the media hot topics this week.

1. Elon Musk/Twitter Deal: People are losing it over Elon Musk buying Twitter. Someone I worked with asked me about this deal and I told him what I'll tell you: I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't use Twitter. I had an account for 3 days back in 2010 and quickly shut that down. Every time I've thought about creating an account again, I've managed to convince myself that it's not a good idea. Now with Musk taking over, I'm even more convinced that rejoining Twitter won't ever happen for me. Musk checks a lot of suspect boxes on my list: billionaire, odd behavior, white South African, discriminatory behavior at his company, etc. Nah, bruh, I'm good.

2. Johnny Depp/Amber Heard Court Case: I have not been keeping up with the defamation suits between Johnny and Amber, but I have read what's been going on in court. What's up with Johnny's pseudo-British accent? People keep noting that he's from Kentucky. Granted, he hasn't lived there in a long time, but still. British? Is he playing Captain Jack on the stand? He and Amber's marriage sounds like it was a hot mess. Team no one (and that's a shame because I liked Johnny Depp back in the day).

3. James Corden: So Corden is packing it in next year and taking it back to the UK. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out, bloke! This guy is insufferable. I have no idea how he acquired the fan base that he did. Everything about him makes me cringe. He's fake, he's not funny, he's annoying. Even his Weight Watchers commercials bother me, especially the one when he's in the grocery store and the woman who asks about signing up is thin and doesn't need to lose weight! If you're going to have people in a commercial who want to lose weight, then at least show people who are actually overweight! And Corden doesn't look like he's lost any. He's like Oprah as a spokesperson for WW: not convincing. Sorry, not sorry!



No comments:

Post a Comment