Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Where's My Mail???

I'm purposely avoiding blogging about the evilness going on around the country with shootings and everything else right now. Instead, I'm using this post to complain about the US postal system. Ugh.

I have problems getting my mail for two reasons:

1. The mail carrier puts my mail into my neighbor's box (his name is David and mine is Davis, so I guess there's confusion). In any case, if this happens, I have a slim chance of actually getting my mail back because my neighbor is a few cans short of a six-pack. Seriously, there's something wrong with him and I keep my distance from him. On on the one occasion that he got my mail and actually returned it, it was left in the lobby, out of the envelope it came in, so everyone could see how much I owed for a doctor's visit. Thanks, Crazy Neighbor!

2. The main reason I think I don't get mail is not my neighbor, but the US postal system. They just have a lot of shady folks for them these days. Sorry, but it's true. I get a preview of my mail before it's delivered and I was supposed to get my 2023 license tab yesterday. Did I get it? No. I also didn't get some mail from Verizon that was expected. I got mail yesterday, but neither of these two items arrived. I believe they were stolen and someone out there has my 2023 license plate tab and whatever Verizon sent to me. Once, my bank sent a new ATM card to me and the envelope had been opened and it was in my mailbox opened. The only reason it wasn't stolen, I suspect, because it wasn't a Visa/Mastercard ATM card. It was just an old-school ATM card and without the PIN, it wasn't worth stealing, so the postal employee/thief left it. 

I've also had credit card statements not arrive and other things. It's never junk mail that doesn't come. It's always important mail that doesn't seem to make it to my mailbox. I don't even get much mail anymore because of the problems I've had. Most of my statements are sent to me via email, but I do still get some things in the mail, like my license tab. Next year, I'll go directly to the Secretary of State and get my tab renewed. I went today to get a replacement tab since my 2023 one was, apparently, stolen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment