Friday, April 15, 2022

Speed Trap!

I got a letter in the mail from the City of Chicago's Department of Finance informing me that my car had been clocked going over the speed limit on Western Ave in Chicago last month. The letter provided a link so I could see the video of my car so I logged on to check it out. There I was, speeding away past a Honda dealership. I moved around a slower car, hit the gas, and the speed trap camera got me! Thankfully, since I don't have any other traffic violations, I was just given a warning and not a ticket. However, if it happens again, I'll be ticketed. If I had been ticketed, I wouldn't have even fought it. I was guilty and I would have paid my fine and moved on. Hey, if I messed up, I own up to it. When I moved to Illinois, my sister warned me that Western Avenue is the 7 Mile of Chicago. (Detroiters will understand what this means.) Big sis was right! Western Avenue is the devil, but I should have slowed down. I'll do better the next time I'm on that street.

The letter from the city put a cap on the end of a horrible week. Pretty much every day this week, something happened that pissed me off. People were coming for me at work, I was humiliated by my boss's boss, and then I got this lousy speed trap letter in the mail. Is there a cloud hanging over my head right now? Possibly. Actually, the speed trap letter was probably one of the better things that happened to me this week since I didn't get a ticket. Maybe things are looking up! I certainly hope so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment