Friday, January 29, 2021

The Page Has Been Turned

It's been nice for the past week to hear about the Biden Administration or POTUS Biden and not about Donny's tweets or whatever foolishness he imposed upon the world. What a delight it has been. The page has indeed turned and I'm glad it has. Are things perfect? No. We're still dealing with Covid and everything else that's awful, but at least everything's a little less-awful since Donny's not at the helm anymore. 

My father called me last night and, during our conversation, he asked if I was planning to get the Covid vaccine. I told him I believe so. I've been on the fence, but I think I'm ready to jump that fence and commit to getting the vaccine when it's available to me (whenever that time comes). Like a lot of people, I have reservations about it, but I ultimately think it will do more good than harm. I also feel my father should get the vaccine when available and, at his age, he is eligible to receive it now in his state. However, he's choosing to wait until the summer. That's his prerogative, but I really think he needs to rethink his plan and get the vaccine earlier. I'm no spring chicken myself and I have to wait to get vaccinated. My father can move close to the front of the line, yet he's choosing not to? Oh well. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment