Wednesday, January 6, 2021

This Is NOT What Democracy Looks Like!

WTF is going on in Washington, DC??? Donny's minions have taken over the Capitol! I didn't even know this mess was going on because I was out at the bank and didn't hear about the drama until I was back and someone from my day job emailed me. (I don't normally have the television on while working from home because it's distracting.) When I saw these yahoos and thugs and some rando guy sitting in the speaker's chair in the Senate chamber, I wondered, Am I living in a banana republic? Is this Venezuela? But what really annoyed me was how ill-prepared DC was for this. Did they not think these nutjobs were going to show up today when the election votes were certified? They've been talking about it for weeks! DC should have been on lockdown. 

Many years ago, I went to the Capitol and did the tour, walked through the Rotunda, and sat in the gallery during sessions of the House and Senate. (I had a cousin who was a Congressman at the time, so that's why I was able to get a pass for all of this. He's no longer in Congress, so those days are over!) After the tour and everything, I went to see my cousin and security was no joke throughout the entire visit. It amazes me that Donny's thugs just overpowered the security forces and stormed into the building. Whose ass needs to be kicked for allowing security to be so lax today? Who needs to be fired for this? Seriously. 

I was watching some of the news coverage and the reporters were talking about how Donny should come out and make a statement to condemn this violence. Yeah, right. He doesn't care. He finally did come out and make some weak-assed statement that was too little too late. 

This is what happens when you elect an idiot. This is what happens when that idiot acts like a pseudo-dictator. This is what happens when conspiracy theorists go off the cliff. This is NOT what democracy looks like. This is what chaos looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment