Saturday, April 27, 2019

So Expensive!

I went to the grocery store this morning and three bags of groceries cost me nearly $100. I didn't even buy any meat!!! I bought stuff like bread, coffee cream, spaghetti sauce, Tide (well, Tide can be pricey). I can't believe how expensive everything is these days. I can only imagine what a family spends on groceries each month. I live alone and I'm complaining. Imagine if I had other mouths to feed. Oy! It would be one thing if I was spending money on steaks, lobster, and pricey cheese, but I'm not! Basic stuff just seems to be really expensive. At least they gave me a few cents off because I brought my own bags and I had one coupon I could use. (Every little bit helps, folks.) I'm glad I don't have to dress up for my day job because if I had to wear business attire to work each day, I'd have to go out and get new clothes (or keep rotating the same black pants and skirts each week with different tops). I remember when I used to have to dress up for work. I had nice dress pants, blouses, and dresses. I'm glad those days are over. Now I need the cash I would have spent on clothes to buy groceries.

Also, it's snowing today in Chicago. (It also snowed two weeks ago on the Sunday before Easter.) It's nearly May, and it's snowing. The trees are budding and some of the flowers are out and it's snowing. Will Spring ever arrive here and stick around for real instead of coming and going?

No comments:

Post a Comment