Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Unauthorized Person on the Tracks

I don't know if it's a full moon this week or what, but twice this week (and it's only Wednesday) I've had to deal with an "unauthorized person on the tracks" while riding the L. First on Monday morning and then again today during my ride home. During Monday's incident, we were (luckily) at a station close to my day job, so I just walked the rest of the way to work. But coming home today, we had almost reached a stop (that's one before I get off) and the train's power was cut. At first I thought just our train car lost power and then the whole train slowed down and came to a stop and the conductor told us the power had been cut due to "unauthorized person on the tracks." I don't know if these unauthorized individuals have a death wish or are just crazy, but they need to find another way to deal with whatever they're going through that doesn't involve jamming everyone up on the L. I'm all about public transit, but it's days like today when I miss driving my own car and controlling my own transportation.

No comments:

Post a Comment