Sunday, April 7, 2019

Locked Out

I locked myself out of my apartment today. It was bound to happen. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner. I gathered my stuff to head to the Y and thought I had my house keys in my hand, but I had my car keys instead and when I closed the back door behind me, I'd locked the bottom lock from the inside and realized after the fact that I'd left my house keys on the table inside. Curses! My sister has an extra set of keys to my place, but she was out of town for the weekend (but on her way back this morning when the lockout happened). Now that I'm not renting anymore and own my place, I can't just call a management company to let me in. If I needed help, I'd have to call a locksmith. Thankfully it didn't come to that and the worst that happened to me was that I had to spend a few hours doing things outside of home. Because I had my car keys, wallet, and cell phone, I wasn't in a totally terrible position. I went to the Y as planned, worked out, went out for breakfast, then to the movies to see Pet Sematary (Cemetery) (that was better than the first one). After that, I went to kill more time at the local library and, by then, my sister had returned and I was able to get back into my place. Being locked out today told me that I really need to stop locking the door from the inside and just do it with the key so then I'll know if I don't have my keys, I can't lock the door! It seems simple enough, right??? It is a good idea to leave a set of keys with a friend of family member in the area just in case of emergencies like this. Oy!

No comments:

Post a Comment