Wednesday, May 10, 2017

PBS

In my efforts to block out the saturation of news about Donny T., I've been watching a lot of shows on PBS lately like Antiques Roadshow and Spy In the Wild. I've been telling anyone I know who cares to listen that I have to have a break from the 24-hour news cycle and PBS fits the bill right now. There's only so much bad news I can take. While some people thrive on news (and I used to be one of those people), I just can't do it anymore. I find that the local news is barely watchable these days too. When you just want to see the local weather and what's going on in and around the city, you still end up with national news about Donny and his minions or just one depressing story after another about violence in and around Chicago. Oy!

Thankfully, I have PBS to fall back on during these dark times. Of course, Donny T. will probably soon cut funding for that to reallocate the funds to some BS initiative brought forth by his daughter and/or son-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment