Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Audra at Steppenwolf

I went to see Audra McDonald in concert at the Steppenwolf Theater Monday night. (I went to the second show.) I'm a huge Audra fan and I was glad to have the opportunity to see her perform in Chicago. I just assumed after I left the East Coast, that I'd have to travel back there in order to see her again. The Steppenwolf show was good and very low-key. It was nothing like the time I saw her at Carnegie Hall five or six years ago (maybe more than that). During the Steppenwolf show, she sang and talked with her pianist, Seth Rudetsky, and performed "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" with her husband Will Swenson. Her performance of "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret was great and she ended the show with a wonderful rendition of "Summertime." As you can see from my photo below, I wasn't exactly close enough to get a good picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment