Sunday, January 24, 2016

Snowzilla 2016

I've been watching a lot of the coverage of the snowstorm out east (Snowzilla 2016!) and I hope everyone on the East Coast is able to dig out and get back to life as normal. I really didn't think the storm would be that powerful. When I was in NY last week, the weather forecasters projected snowfall totals that ranged from 4 inches to 23 and they weren't sure which way the storm would go. It could have gone primarily south of the city or out to sea or delivered a direct blow. Clearly, this one was a direct hit. It was so weird to see Times Square and Columbus Circle all snow-covered when I'd just walked those same non-snowy streets a few days ago. Wow. All I can say is I dodged a bullet there by getting out of town Thursday. I'm glad to see that most media outlets are ignoring the Weather Channel's "Jonas" name for this winter storm. I'm so sick of them trying to create a brand around extreme weather events. Ugh. No wonder they keep losing money. Sam Champion never should have left GMA to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment