Monday, May 25, 2015

Long Lost Weekend

As this long holiday weekend comes to an end, I can't say I spent it productively. (The weather in and around Chicago also sucked for a large part of the weekend, but I digress.) I spent a lot of time this weekend watching past seasons of "Suits" on DVD since my new TV boyfriend, Gabriel Macht, is the star of the series. As much as I enjoy seeing Macht (aka Harvey Specter) curse someone out, the more I watch this show, the more I see little things that annoy me.

1. There's no way a white shoe NY law firm like the one on "Suits" would knowingly keep a fake lawyer on the staff. The firm's managing partner and one senior partner know Mike isn't a Harvard graduate and didn't even go to law school, yet they keep him around because he does a good job? Ridiculous.
2. The whole Mike Ross story line (including his relationship with Rachel) was interesting for about one season, but should have been put to bed after that.
3. I'm also annoyed with seeing shots of Toronto standing in for New York. I saw a Bank of Montreal sign in the background during one of the scenes! It's unfortunate USA doesn't want to put out the cash to film this show entirely in New York as they did with "White Collar." I understand a lot of the show takes place in offices, so why spend money filming in NY, right? Still, seeing clearly Canadian streets and skyscrapers in "Suits" is distracting (at least for me).
4. And can we talk about the theme song? Terrible. Thankfully, I can fast forward through it on the DVD.

Despite these issues, I'm all in because I enjoy the show, I think it's largely well-written, and the acting is good. I'm up to Season 2 now and I'm watching Season 4 on On Demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment