Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Moaning

I've been working for a number of months on a new book and it's been difficult. I'm a slow writer. Sorry, but I am. I'm about 130+ pages into this new work, and now I'm thinking I need to overhaul it or put it aside and work on another thing I recently started. For the time being, I'm working on both projects, but I'm not good at working on two things at once so I know I'll have to focus on one or the other.

In other news, I read about the nail salon workers being severely underpaid (when they were paid at all) in New York. Sad. When I lived in Brooklyn, there was a cheap place near my apartment where I went for pedicures. I hate to say it, but I just assumed the nail salon in my neighborhood was a front for something else like prostitution. Given the cheap prices the salon charged, it's a wonder how they even kept the doors open. You'd have to have a steady stream of clients coming and going just to pay the rent. And the place I went to wasn't the only one on the block either. There were a couple of other places within walking distance and how any of them managed to get by legally is a mystery to me.

Last night's episode of Mad Men was a little slow, but to hell with Matthew Weiner for making Betty end up with dying from cancer while Megan's waste of space ass rides into the sunset with $1 million. That ain't right, Weiner. Betty wasn't my favorite person on the show by any means, but Weiner seemed to have it out for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment