Thursday, May 21, 2015

I'll Never Love This Way Again

I was talking with my hairdresser about songs kids sing for various school events like graduations, black history month programs, etc. and I mentioned that when I graduated from high school many moons ago, the harp and vocal musicians and singers did a beautiful rendition of "I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again." The performance really was lovely, but I couldn't help thinking, This isn't how I feel about high school. I'll never love this way again? Really? I couldn't wait to get out of there and move on with my life. Not that my high school years were traumatic, but they weren't awesome either and I certainly didn't love them. I remember having a discussion with someone I worked with about songs we sang in school when we were children and this guy told me he was forced to sing John Lennon's "Woman" as a grade school child in Boston in the 1970s. That takes the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment