Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Man Panties

The new issue of Rolling Stone is out and Jon Hamm is on the cover looking very Don Draper-ish.  Hamm's been getting a lot of press lately about his tendancy to go without underwear and in the interview, he said he's not happy about it.  (If you haven't seen any of Hamm's crotch shots, they're all over the Internet.  All you have go to is Google "Hammaconda" or "Hamm Dong" and the stories will come to you fast and furious.)  Let me say that I like Jon Hamm.  If he came to me and said, "Kim, I want you" I'm pretty sure my response would be, "Okay!"  I still can't believe he's older than I am (one year, but still).  He seems like a nice guy, he's good looking, he's from the Midwest, and he's funny (when he's allowed to actually cut loose on Saturday Night Live or 30 Rock or Bridesmaids).

But I digress.  This post is about Jon's underwear problem.  According to gossip reports, he's refusing to wear man panties while filming the latest season of Mad Men and his freeballing is causing problems on the set.  If I could talk to Hamm, I'd say, "Jon, baby, put on some drawers when you're at work.  If you want to go commado off the clock, then do so, but when you're on the job, wear some undies.  It's the right thing to do.  It's the sanitary thing to do!  Think of the children!"  Okay, maybe that last line would go, but you get the general idea.  I don't think it's unreasonable to ask someone to wear underwear on the job.  But what are the Mad Men folks going to do?  Fire Don Draper?  I don't think so and neither, apparently, does Jon Hamm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment