Sunday, December 9, 2018

This Is Why Donny Is POTUS

As much as I'd like to believe that the country will heal itself from the current state of affairs, I'm constantly let down by humanity when I read about bad decisions made by my fellow countrymen and women. The latest disappointment is with the folks in North Carolina who just gave their absentee ballots for the midterm election to a woman who showed up their front doors asking for them. Since when do election ballots get picked up at your door??? Uh...never? But the folks who handed their ballots over without ever questioning the woman who came to collect them are just another reason why Donny is POTUS. People aren't thinking about the decisions they're making, they're not educating themselves on how government works, or they're just plain apathetic. Why should I take my ballot to the mailbox or post office when there's a nice white woman here to collect it for me? It really is sad. There's such a wealth of information out there now, definitely more available to people via the Internet than we had access to when I was younger, yet people seem to be dumber than ever. The terrible writing skills that I read on a daily basis when people tweet or comment online are enough to make me shake my head in pity. Yes, I'm being harsh, but a little harshness is needed right now. We can't crawl out of the hole we've created for ourselves until we understand the problems at hand and work to rectify those problems. Believe what you want, but understand why you believe what you do and educate yourself on how the world works.

No comments:

Post a Comment