Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Post-Christmas Greetings

I hope everyone had a great Christmas or, if you don't celebrate, I hope you enjoyed your day off. I certainly appreciated having some time to relax over the holidays. During this time, I finished two great books: A Ladder to the Sky by John Boyne and Tin Man by Sarah Winman. I highly recommend them both. I'd been familiar with Boyne's writing, but not Winman's. I stumbled onto her book just through a random library search and I'm glad I did. It's very good. Whenever I read a really good book, I like to spread the word. Yes, I do my Goodreads reviews and Amazon (if I bought a Kindle book there), but I also like to blog about great books as an extra way to get the goods news out.

As 2018 winds down, I certainly hope 2019 brings me more hope and less pessimism. This year wasn't terrible for me, but it was mentally taxing. Too much stress and too much disappointment over things out of my control. But I'm going into 2019 trying to be hopeful. That's all I can do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment