Wednesday, January 3, 2018

This Is Not "Breaking News"

I've complained about the 24-hour news channels before, and I'll complain again. When Donny T. sends off a tweet, this is not "breaking news" that requires the red bar and alert notices like you'd get when a real emergency situation happens. I'm so tired of these cable channels just filling time dissecting every stupid tweet Donny or his minions shit out on a daily basis. Enough already. Surely there's some real news going on around the world. I hate even blogging about Donny and I vowed not to get myself worked into a froth this year over his ridiculousness. However, after reading an excerpt from Michael Wolff's new book Fire and Fury that's scheduled to come out next week, I found myself drawn back into Donny's mess. The excerpt I read was fascinating and I believe pretty much everything I read. Donny didn't really want to be POTUS? I believe that and I've said it before. His run was a publicity stunt. Donny having questionable reading and comprehension skills? I totally believe that. Look at what he tweets and listen to how he speaks and it's easy to see that he's a few cans shy of a six-pack. The misspelled words, the rambling, the sheer incoherence. And Donny's constant need for public affirmation, mainly from his rich and powerful friends like Ailes and Murdoch is pathetic. I'm debating whether to buy and read the book when it comes out next week. I admit, the excerpt certainly had me hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment