Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Haters, Stop Hating on Bruno Mars

I'll be the first to admit that I'm late to the Bruno Mars party, but now that I'm here, I'm glad I joined. I watched his Apollo special over the holidays via On Demand (and again when it aired on CBS last Friday night) and really enjoyed it. That kid (I know he's in his 30's, but I'm still going with kid) is talented and deserves all the success and Grammy awards he can carry. During trying times like this, it's nice to have some music that isn't depressing or autotuned to hell and back. I wasn't crazy about Bruno's previous hit "Uptown Funk." In fact, I really didn't care for it all. But the stuff on his 24K Magic album is great. The title track has the groove that makes me want to move. Bruno is an entertainer and that's something that's clearly lacking in a lot of performers today. He puts on a show and the haters need to fall back. While Bruno is out there grinding, the haters are hating. As he would say himself, "Why you mad? Fix your face." Seriously. Those who can do. Those who can't hate. Play on, player!

No comments:

Post a Comment