Monday, January 22, 2018

First Wave and Open for Business

I've been blogging a lot about the music I've been hearing via Sirius and, as much as I love the First Wave station, I feel like they play too much music by The Pretenders and Elvis Costello, neither of whom I'd consider to be New Wave artists. The only song I've ever really liked by The Pretenders is "Middle of the Road" and, as for Costello, I don't care for his music at all. His voice did nothing for me in the 80's and does nothing for me now. He's one of the artists I can't wait to change the station from. It's not that he's a terrible singer or anything, but his music just doesn't work for me. I don't understand how he has the following that he does but, clearly, someone likes him.

In other non-music-related news, our government will, apparently, be open for business as usual again tomorrow. I really feel like the shutdown was a mistake on the part of the Democrats. Shutting down the government to get a deal for DACA kids just seemed like a losing proposition when proposed. A lot of people who may hate Donny T. do agree with him when it comes to immigration-related matters. My main issue was the hold-up of the CHIP program that provides health insurance for low-income kids. These kids need health insurance and their fate shouldn't hang in the balance waiting for an immigration overhaul that may never come to pass. How long has the government been arguing about immigration? For many, many years and I fully doubt a bi-partisan solution is coming from the current crop of congress members and senators. I remember when people went into politics because they wanted to help their communities. Now I feel like the majority of politicians are in it for themselves. They don't care about their constituents. And now any sane person who would truly like to go into politics for the right reasons is discouraged because of all of the infighting and harassment (both online and in person).

No comments:

Post a Comment