Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Billy Idol

I keep hearing Billy Idol songs on the Sirius 1st Wave station and each time one comes on, I find myself turning from the station. I used to be a Billy Idol fan. When I was a teenager in the 1980s, I enjoyed Idol's music. My sister and I may have had some of his albums. But now I find his music no bueno. Flesh for Fantasy, White Wedding, Rebel Yell....they're all kind of awful to me now. Normally, if I liked someone in the 1970s, 80s, or 90s, I still like them now, but this isn't the case with Mr. Idol. (The same goes for Counting Crows and I blogged about them a few weeks ago. Mr. Jones? Ugh.) I don't know why I'm not feeling Idol anymore. It's not personal. I have no idea what he's been up to since the hits stopped coming. I assume he's still alive. I just don't like his music anymore. Oh well. Sorry, Billy.

No comments:

Post a Comment