Saturday, December 16, 2017

Music and More Music

I've been listening to a lot of older music lately since I got a free two-month satellite radio subscription. Even though the satellite stations play a lot of the same songs over and over, they're still a hundred times better than the local radio stations in Chicago. I've heard songs I had forgotten about like "Tour de France" by Kraftwerk and "Wait for Me" by Slave. Yesterday while I was out and about, taking some vacation time from my day job, I heard "A Warm December" by the Counting Crows. I used to really like the Counting Crows. I had their first album on cassette. Normally, the songs I liked twenty or thirty years ago, I still like today, but that's not the case for the Counting Crows. I find their music no bueno now. "Mr. Jones"? Are you kidding me? If I never hear that song again in my lifetime, that would be fine with me. Lead singer Adam Duritz with his oh-so-wrong dreads and wobbly voice just don't translate for me now. What was I thinking in the early 1990s???

No comments:

Post a Comment