Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Don't Engage!

I stopped by a local gas station on the way home to play the Powerball and Mega Millions games (you've got to be in it to win it, folks) and some woman who was checking her scratch off tickets inside the station tried to work my nerves. First she shoves herself in between me and the man ahead of me in line so she could check her used scratch offs using the machine that tells you if you're a winner or not. (She wasn't.) Then she gets an attitude with me when she was trying to get around me to leave the store. I thought she was trying to get ahead of me in line and she claimed she was just trying to get by. She got loud and crazy and I could tell just from looking at her not to engage in that foolishness. Some people you can just look at and tell they've either got mental problems and/or are on drugs. I took this lady to be all of the above. You can't engage with folks like that because they're just itching for a fight. Yeah, this was just what I needed after a day at the office and a long drive home. As tempted as I was to tell this crazy bitch off, I didn't. She went on her crazy way once she saw there wasn't going to be a fight. What annoyed me more than this nut job trying to pick a fight with me was how everyone in the gas station turned to watch this woman and me snap at each other. I'm sure they were wondering whether to stay and watch the fight or flee the premises. Thankfully, they didn't have to do either. Happy holidays, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment