Monday, November 6, 2017

The Belko Experiment

After yet another weekend of carnage caused by a psycho shooter, I hate to even admit that I watched the movie The Belko Experiment, a movie with a lot of shooting and violence, over the weekend. The plot of the movie is a bunch of office workers are trapped in their office building and, in order to get out, they have to kill each other. Kill or be killed is the premise. How many of us would really be willing to do this? It's easy to say if it's you or me, I'm choosing me, but if the choice really presented itself, I wonder how many of us would balk.

What I thought was interesting about  The Belko Experiment was how many people turned on their fellow co-workers in an effort to save their own lives. A lot of empathy and kindness turned to rage and violence. It's a crazy movie, but it was entertaining. I need to start watching more stuff like the Lego Batman movie (also entertaining and without the killing). There's enough horror on the local news already. Maybe I'm just becoming desensitized to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment