Thursday, November 9, 2017

Incense Aversion

I hate the smell of incense. It will drive me from a room as it did last night when I was in a room with little ventilation and the smell of incense was overwhelming. I had to vacate the premises. I remember back in the 90s, I was having a conversation with a co-worker in Philadelphia about incense. This co-worker said she and her husband burned incense regularly in their home and I joked and said incense burners often used it to cover up the smell of weed (or something to that effect). My co-worker was, rightly, offended by my statement. I wasn't saying she and her husband were potheads, but that's the way she took my comment. I felt bad about it, but there wasn't much I could do after the fact except apologize. (For the record, I still associate incense with weed, but if someone else confesses to burning incense in his/her home, I'm keeping my mouth shut about that association.)

No comments:

Post a Comment