Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Wrap It Up, Suits!

I came on board late as a fan of the USA show Suits meaning I didn't start watching the show when its first season aired. I had to go back and watch the first and (I believe) second seasons on DVD. But I've seen them all and now I certainly hope this current season is the show's last. It's just gotten ridiculous. It's been ridiculous for some time, but now the cracks are really showing. Aside from the main issue of Patrick Adams's character practicing law without a law degree and going to jail for doing so, you've got a high-profile NY law firm who not only allowed this fraud to go on, but brought the guy back to the firm after he got out of jail. Who, in their right mind, would hire such a firm? Then you've got a former legal secretary (someone who also has no law degree) acting as the firm's COO and another attorney who can't keep his shit together because he's angry that no woman wants to build a life with him or raise a child with him. These elements combine to make one terrible show. I remember when Suits used to be great television. The interesting cases, the sharp dialogue, the drama. Now it's just pathetic. I can't believe it's still on the air. USA didn't lose any time cutting White Collar and Burn Notice loose, so why are they hanging on to Suits? Wrap it up already and bring back Mr. Robot! I suspect when/if Meghan Markle marries Prince Harry, she'll hit the bricks and put Suits in her rear view (and I wouldn't blame her for doing so). Maybe her departure will be the push the show needs to pack it in. One of the things I've always liked about Suits is that the show has a diverse cast and this current season is no exception. However, that's not enough to keep things afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment