Friday, September 22, 2017

Fly Commercial (Like the Rest of Us)

Since the news broke this week about Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Tom Price spending thousands on the government's dime to fly on private jets, I've been annoyed and outraged at yet another member of Donny T.'s administration living up to the mantra "do as I say, not as I do." Price himself has spoken about cutting costs in HHS yet he chooses to fly on private jets rather than commercial airlines. Donny T.'s wife speaks out against cyber-bullying, yet her own husband cyber bullies others on a weekly (sometimes daily) basis and she ignores it. Clean up your own house first before telling me how to clean mine, lady! Nothing grinds my gears like a hypocrite. If you're advocating for your department to cut costs, Mr. Price, then it's not wise for you to have that department pay thousands of dollars for you to take private jets around the country. If you want to fly in a private jet and you work for the government, then pay for it yourself. My tax dollars (and the tax dollars of my fellow citizens) shouldn't be used to pay for a government employee to take a private jet when perfectly fine commercial airlines are available for a fraction of the cost. The sheer arrogance of the current administration is really unbelievable at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment