Monday, September 25, 2017

Anne Murray Day

I listen to a lot of easy-listening music and I'm not ashamed of that. I find it soothing especially during stressful times like these when our Commander in Chief is going off the deep end yet again and stirring up trouble rather than doing his job (the one he was elected to do, but constantly fails to do because he's too busy Tweeting and talking smack). So, in an effort to block out the noise of Donny T. today, I put on some Anne Murray. I've been listening to Anne Murray since I was a child. When you grow up in Detroit and watch the CBC channel, you hear a lot of Canadian music (i.e. Anne Murray). When I lived and worked in Philadelphia, I remember I used to have Neil Diamond Days, days when I'd listen to Neil Diamond because I needed a break from the world. I recall one time a co-worker was just bugging the hell out of me about something and I told my cubicle neighbor that I was going to put my headphones on and listen to Neil Diamond in an effort to block out the noise of my annoying co-worker. So today was an Anne Murray Day. Tomorrow might be a James Taylor Day and the day after that might be a Bee Gees day.

No comments:

Post a Comment