Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hotel for the Win!

I read a story recently about a woman who was staying at an Airbnb location in Amsterdam and she ended up getting tossed down a flight of stairs because she didn't get out at the agreed upon time. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd never stay at an Airbnb. I don't want to stay in some stranger's house. I'd rather pay more money and stay in a hotel that actually caters to guests. If you overstay your checkout time at a hotel, they'll just charge you for that. No assault necessary! I don't understand how people can go and stay in a stranger's house, sleep in that stranger's bed, and live with that stranger's things. You could be staying in a serial killer's home and end up drugged and in the basement of that home being told to put lotion on your skin (or you'll get the hose again). At least at a hotel, you expect some levels of cleanliness. Hotels have standards. Sometimes they fail at these standards, but they generally want guests to be happy so they'll come back and stay again. I have never understood the appeal of Airbnb. I also don't understand the appeal of youth hostels. (Shared bathrooms? Bunk beds? No thank you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment