Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hire a Clown, Expect a Circus

More fallout from Donny T. and the Funky Bunch, this time courtesy of Little Donny. What amazes me is that Donny T et al. feel they're above the law. They can do what they want and explain their way out of it. They've done nothing wrong and the rules don't apply to them. Rules are for other people. Yeah, right. When you hire a clown, expect a circus!

In other non-Donny-related news, I listened to an interesting podcast with Bret Easton Ellis and Andrew McCarthy last night. (It wasn't new, but it was new to me!) Hearing the backstory behind the film version of Ellis's book Less Than Zero was fascinating to me. I read the book and saw the movie way back when. It was also interesting to hear Ellis talk about meeting McCarthy for the first time at a reading at the Barnes and Noble store in Union Square back in 2010. I was actually in the audience during that meeting. I had no idea Andrew McCarthy had been an alcoholic. Ellis is a very good interviewer and I appreciated that he actually let his guest talk without interrupting him every few minutes. Ellis also talked quite a bit himself, but it's his podcast, so that's to be expected. Besides, he had some interesting things to say about book publishing in the 1980s and the movie industry. I'll have to check out his podcasts more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment