Thursday, July 6, 2017

Did Someone Phone the Guv'nor?

So it seems that finally, after three years, the State of Illinois will have a budget again. The governor, who vetoed the budget, has been overruled so now I think it's full speed ahead. Hopefully the social service agencies in dire need of funding will receive those funds. Also, I'm looking forward to the return of the Mega Millions and Powerball lottery games. If I won either, my first course of action after getting my loot would be to buy some property anywhere BUT Illinois.

While I'm glad to see a deal is being put in place, that doesn't negate the fact that it's a shitty deal that doesn't solve the lack of funds needed to cover the pension deficit. Illinois will never get true reform until the cronies from both parties who run things around here are tossed out and some new people who don't live and die by the political machine are allowed to make some substantial changes. I'm sure that won't happen in my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment