Monday, December 7, 2015

Santa Baby?

I just want to go on record and say that I'm not a fan of sexy Christmas songs like "Santa Baby" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside." Since when did Christmas become a sexy holiday? Uh, never? During the Christmas show I went to last Saturday night (see my previous post), a few of the drag queens performed "Santa Baby." This song is just wrong for Christmas. Slip a sable under the tree for me? No! Not that I'm against gift giving during the holidays, but asking Santa for a fur coat because you've been a "good girl" seems sleazy and self-indulgent.  Now I have nothing against sleaze and those who read my books should know that by now, but I do have something against sleazy Christmas songs. Something more clean and fluffy like "All I Want for Christmas (Is You)" is perfectly fine with me. But songs about pimping yourself to Santa for a sable just go too far!

No comments:

Post a Comment